Total renewable energy forecasting
The Total Forecasting service delivers country level forecasts of wind and solar power production as well as electricity load. The service utilize the ENFOR forecasts engines for SolarFor, WindFor and LoadFor in special configuration in order to forecast production or demand for whole countries.
Why do you need Total Forecasting?
- Market leading renewable energy production and electricity demand forecast accuracy
- Long and proven operational track record
- Reliable, stable and with high availability above 99,9%
- Flexible, configurable and can be integrated with customer data to improve forecast accuracy
- Supports the traders in minimizing risk and optimizing their portfolio
- Delivered as a service with no maintenance for the customer
How does Total Forecasting work?
The forecast is based on a combination of our market leading wind, solar and electricity load forecasting solutions. Each of which utilizes a self-learning and self-calibrating software system that combines physical models and advanced machine learning. The self-learning and self-calibrating algorithms will continuously learn about the characteristics of the renewable energy production and electricity demand and will adapt to changing conditions, seasonal variations, and as the renewable energy assets ages. Therefore, the forecasts stay accurate over time without the need for manual configuration. To achieve this, the system utilizes the best from both worlds, artificial intelligence and electricity system domain knowledge, and combine both real-time and historical data on energy production and weather information to produce forecasts in the granularity required for the specific market. The system uses multiple weather forecast providers as input and automatically detects the optimal prioritization of the different weather forecasts for each region.
The result is one of the most accurate power forecasts available. The system can deliver power forecasts in almost any file format and can be integrated directly into the operational IT-platform of the client, such that data is delivered seamlessly to and from relevant systems. The forecast is supplied with various support, maintenance and license packages, and can be tailor-made to client specifications to provide a cost/performance ratio that fits the needs of the individual client.
- Forecast of total wind and solar power production and electricity load
- Forecast delivered on country level, per control area and per bidding zone
- Self-learning algorithms which continuously adapt and re-configure power forecasts
- Forecast horizons up to 15 days
- Time resolution in forecasts match the required time resolution of the specific market
- Updated hourly (Or more on request)
- Forecasting of uncertainty bands
- Scenario generation
- Integrates and utilizes multiple weather forecast providers
- Can be integrated with customer data for improved accuracy
- Configurable browser-based graphical user interface and reporting tool
- Data integration interfaces supporting numerous formats, file types and protocols
- Data integration interfaces based on FTP, SFTP or Web Services supporting numerous formats and file types (CSV, XML, SOAP, JSON etc.)
See Our References
You can find our references on the References page.
Ready to get started?
Take the next step toward getting more value from your data.